If It’s Not an Indefensible Sweetheart Settlement, Why Did DOJ Fail to Disclose Key Information about It?
November 19, 2013
- How many state and federal matters, investigations and lawsuits are being settled;
- The details of the mortgage fraud and illegal conduct involved in each settled action;
- How much money investors or others lost in each settled action;
- How much revenue and profits JP Morgan Chase made from each settled action;
- What specific executives, supervisors and staff were involved in the illegal conduct;
- Why no individuals are charged civilly;
- Why there are no clear and unequivocal admissions of wrongdoing of material conduct;
- Why they are calling a “statement of facts” admissions of wrongdoing;
- Why there is only reference to misrepresentations and non-disclosure; and
- Why there are no fraud charges.